SMART Ways to Build Loyalty
Success in wooing – and keeping – customers means being SMART:
- Specify. Spell out to what extremes you’ll go to win the customers’ loyalty – not just satisfaction. And make sure everyone in the organization knows how far you want to go.
- Measure. Determine which survey devices you’ll use to learn how well your “extreme” customer service is working. And decide which incentives you’ll offer customers to answer your surveys.
- Agree. Constantly remind everyone – by displaying posters – what they’ve agreed to do for customers.
- Realize. Find out if you’re realizing your goals by measuring how much repeat business your efforts bring.
- Time. Set and meet deadlines that ensure extreme customer service. Example: If you commit to delivering by a certain time, don’t settle for anything less. That way, you’ll show customers you’re serious about keeping deadlines.